The 1-day CNY District Championship is on for July 25 at HHYC, and registration is now open.
Due to the Coronavirus situation, the Founders Regatta for Classic Lightnings has been postponed until 2021.
REGATTA PHOTOS (TBD)
CNY Lightning District Championship
Henderson Harbor Yacht Club
8397 Cornell Road, Henderson Harbor, NY 13651
July 25, 2020, one day regatta
Organizing Authority is the Henderson Harbor Yacht Club and Fleet 225
Celebrating 90 years of dinghy racing
Notice of Race (v2)1. Rules
2. Eligibility2.1 The CNY Lightning District Championship is open to boats of the Lightning Class that conform to the class rules, and whose skipper is a member in good standing of the CNY Lightning District.
3. Registration3.1 Registration opens July 1 and can be completed online at: https://hendersonharboryc.com/Districts. The $50 registration fee must be made online by credit card. There will be no in-person onsite registration.
6.1 The regatta will be held at the Henderson Harbor Yacht Club and the waters of Henderson Bay.
7.1 Course will be drop mark, windward Leeward. Inflatable tetrahedron, balls and barrel marks as equipment allows.
7.2 Starting sequence will be under rule 26.
7.3 Four course races are planned for the CNY District Championship.
8.1 Appendix A, and there will be no exclusions.
9.1 CNY District Championship, trophies for top 4 finishing boats and the top finishing Junior boat.
10. Storage and Launching
10.1 Boat and trailer storage will be made available at the Henderson Harbor Yacht Club in the parking lot area and next to our Junior Yacht Club. Boats will be assigned a location that is socially distant from other boats, and once launched, must not linger in the hoist area. Car parking will be provided at the HHYC grounds or a nearby field depending on turnout.
11. Radio Communications
11.1 Except in an emergency, a boat shall neither make radio transmissions while racing nor receive radio communications not available to all boats. This restriction also applies to mobile telephones.
11.2 The Race Committee may make race announcements on VHF radio on a predetermined channel as detailed in the Sailing Instructions.
12. Waiver of liability
All competitors (skippers and crew) shall sign a waiver of liability for loss, damage, disease or injury to persons or property incurred in connection with this event. Competitors may find the Regatta Waiver and Release of Liability form, taken from the US Sailing template, on the regatta website here: https://hendersonharboryc.com/resources/Documents/RaceFiles/REGATTA%20WAIVER%20AND%20RELEASE%20OF%20LIABILITY.pdf. All competitors under the age of 18 shall have parental permission and release signed by parent. In addition, all competitors will be required to certify:
1) They have not knowingly been in close proximate contact in the past 14 days with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who has had symptoms of Covid-19
2) They have not tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days
3) They have not experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days
Questions can be sent to: Tom Tomlinson, firstname.lastname@example.org